Cookie and Privacy statement
We handle personal data with care and act within the limits of the law, including the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act (Wbp) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Why do we use your personal data?
Mahoniehout B.V. collects and processes personal data for specific purposes, including:
- Drafting and executing lease and purchase agreements.
- Carrying out transactions and sending invoices and account statements.
- Calculating and recording income and expenses and making payments.
- Collecting receivables, such as rent or the VVE [Owners' Association] contribution, including transferring these receivables to third parties.
- Requesting and providing a rent allowance.
- Maintenance and repair of the movable or immovable property to be rented or leased.
- Internal management activities.
- Saving your settings and preferences (via cookies) for use of the website.
- Implementing or applying laws and regulations.
- Providing services, sending a newsletter, and for promotion and marketing activities.
What personal data do we collect?
Mahoniehout B.V. collects various types of personal data:
- Name, address, phone number and email address.
- Date of birth.
- Your partner's details and/or the details of your co-tenants or housemates.
- Payment and income details.
- Social Security Number (BSN), solely for the purpose of meeting legal obligations.
- Household size and composition, ages, current living situation and requirements, urgency declaration or priority regulation.
- Medical details, only so far this is necessary for allocating a home and/or executing a rental agreement.
- Data relating to the maintenance and/or repair of the rented movable or immovable property.
Mahoniehout B.V. does not collect personal data from third parties and processes only the personal data received from you.
Subscribing or unsubscribing from our newsletter
Mahoniehout B.V. offers a digital newsletter to keep you up to date regarding the project. Your email address will not be added to the list of subscribers except with your express permission. Each newsletter includes an unsubscribe link with which you can unsubscribe.
How do we guarantee the confidential handling of your personal data?
Sharing data with third parties.
We treat your personal data with confidentiality. We share personal data exclusively in accordance with this Privacy and Cookie Statement and only with third parties when this is lawful and carried out with care. To execute an agreement, Mahoniehout B.V. may engage business service providers to carry out certain parts of the service. We make agreements with these data processors to ensure careful and confidential handling of personal data. These agreements are contractually set out in "processor agreements".
Retention period for personal data
Mahoniehout B.V. stores your personal data in accordance with the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act/GDPR. The data is not kept any longer than is strictly necessary for the purposes for which the data has been collected.
What cookies do we use?
We always place these. Functional cookies are required for the website to work properly. For example, they ensure that you can remain logged in to the website at any time you like.
To measure and analyse the use of this website, we use analytical cookies. These can keep track of how many visitors a particular page has, for example, and how long the visits last. This information is always anonymous and therefore not traceable. Our website uses Google Analytics for this purpose.
Social Media cookies
If you share a page via social media, a cookie is used. These are temporary cookies that expire at the end of the browser session. We display content that you can promote via a button and share via social media. To do this, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google place cookies so they can recognise you when you're logged in. They also collect data regarding the page you share.
We use online advertisements to draw attention to our services. We prefer this to be as focused as possible so we can keep costs low and not show unnecessary advertisements. For these ads we use Google Adwords and Social Advertising on Facebook and Instagram.
Accessing, modifying or deleting data
You have the right to access, modify or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your data or to object to the processing of your personal data by Mahoniehout B.V. You also have the right to data portability. This means you can submit a request for any personal information we have regarding you to be sent to you by electronic file or to another organisation nominated by you.
To make sure the request for access came from you, we ask you to send a copy of your proof of identity with the request. In this copy, black out your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and social security number (BSN). This is to protect your privacy.
Questions or complaints
If you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data and this Privacy and Cookie Statement, you can contact Mahoniehout B.V.
3016 CK Rotterdam
+31 (0)10-282 31 31
This Privacy and Cookie Statement has been established February 6th, 2019.